379 Cedar Wood Circle
| Bozeman, MT 59718
(406) 581 0387
Adept at various quality assurance testing roles, from load and performance to screen validation and back-end logic / source / processes. Skilled in QA automation. Deep experience reverse engineering / developing in a cloud-type software stack. Over seven years of webmaster experience via developing a popular website. Seasoned Linux user. Actively developing software via personal projects. Extensive knowledge of computer software, hardware and peripherals. Documentation stickler. Working knowledge of agile development principles. Exceptional analytical skills.
Bachelor of Science,
Montana State University, Bozeman
Major: Mathematics | Option: Pure Mathematics
Additional graduate work in Physics
· Lateral Thinking | via physical computing projects
· PHP/CSS/HTML | via engineering RightNow instance upgrades
· C++ | via Arduino projects
· Java | via Android app development
· Python | via Raspberry Pi Linux experimentation
· Command Line Scripting | via harware experimentation
· .NET | via Oracle RighNow CX Cloud Service unit test framework
· Various QA tools | load and performance, analytics, automation, et. al.
· Virtual machines | Vmware and Android emulators | Eclipse / Visual Studio
Applications Engineer, Oracle
2012 - Present
· Automation framework developer
· Using Selenium to wrap web functionality into script-able objects
· Extending existing .NET framework for wrapping objects via Windows Automation elements
· Working in a fully agile development setting
· Supporting several teams of scripters utiilizing our product via guidance and bug resolution
Quality Assurance Engineer,
2011 - 2012
· Reverse engineering, development, and testing of upgrade initiatives
· Migrating custom scripts and queries to managed frameworks / APIs
· .NET unit test scripting
· Rolling on-call duty for production cut-over support
Assurance Analyst, Zoot
2008 - 2011
· Tested, enhanced, and supported credit decisioning and loan origination banking software.
· QA lead for four of the top ten platforms at Zoot.
· Responsible for load and performance testing of said platforms and others.
· Developer for two client platforms.
· Introduced testing efficiency gains in legacy platforms, via scripting and documentation.
CEO, Alpha Solutions Inc
2006 - 2008
· Founded an S-Corporation for contracting purposes.
· Operated all aspects of the business, including payroll, personnel, A/R, A/P, bidding, etc.
· Developed system of forecasting and scheduling for money management and cash flow purposes.
Foreman, Morrison Design &
2003 - 2006
· Supervised the daily operations of a landscape company.
· Performed scheduling, equipment maintenance, client care, and quality checks.
Supervisor/Bartender, American Legion Post 14
2003 - 2009
· Responsible for hiring and scheduling a staff of bouncers.
· Worked as a bartender and bouncer | Served countless drinks | Paid off student debt
Research Assistant, Space
Science Engineering Lab @ MSU
2001 - 2002
· Developed the ground station for Montana's first satellite.
· Researched antenna theory, orbital planes, and other communications-related topics.
· Worked on communications and technical support for BOREALLIS, a high altitude balloon test platform.
· References, complete work history, and additional contact information available upon request
· Projects, contact info, and loads of interesting stuff available on my website: http://swantron.com