One week into my tenure as a happy Droid user, I have some insight into what an Android user must toss on his or her unit. This is a running list, of course, but solid enough for a post. Post and a pic…
I’ll keep it simple at this point. Top five apps I have encountered, as far as usefulness and coolness are concerned.
1) Advanced Task Killer. No questions asked…get this app first and foremost. The battery life on these suckers is awful at best. Multitasking is great, but murder on batteries. Nuke your background crap, and nuke it often.
Nuke it from orbit, if in orbit.
2) Google Sky Map. So awesome it hurts. Bonus: your non-Android-having buddies will bow to your phone’s awesomeness.
3) Google Translate. Como se dice ‘awesome’ en Espanol? Un momento…Impresionante. Get this app, amigos.
4) Robo Defence. Awesome game; good graphics. Perfect for meetings; free version for those non-committal types.
5) Google Goggles. Take pictures of junk, see search results. This is another deal-breaker when it comes to the new tech that you can pull out on these phones. Maybe I’ll post a few result sets of this guy in action…sort of like looking into the future with this guy.
As the forewarning stated, this is far from a static list…merely a snapshot of the stuff I am currently digging with a spoon. I’ll try to keep some updates on the site, when my knowledge and tastes mature.
FWIW, get one of these bad boys. You will most surely not regret it in the least. To the max.
9 Replies to “Droid 2 Must Have Apps”
Thank you..really informative!!
if that thing can get me laid and pay the bills i’ll buy it but until then G’Z one for the three year win buddy
You should cover more games. That is what most people will be looking for anyways.
ЎIncreнble! No estб claro para mн, їcуmo offen que la actualizaciуn de su nombre de swantron.com.
Have a nice day
Interesante, no va a continuar con este artнculo?
those apps are must-not-have apps
how about facebook, twitter, and youtube
Agreed. The task killer is a must or your battery lasts approximimately two hours. I can’t believe how crappy battery life is with those stupid phones. Pretty much have to move it from the house charger to the car charger and so forth. The new samsung led screens look like the way of the future.