I’m one step closer to dropping an app on the Android Market. I’m thinking ‘live wallpaper.’ The existing ones on the market are weak sauce, so I might be able to get some downloads. Keyword, “might.” That might be a pipe dream.
Anyhow, I’m learning how to render stuff in 3D using OpenGL. I have got the cube down, since it is easy.
You’re welcome for that animated gif ^
I’d like to have something (crappy) on the market in a few weeks. Don’t hold your breath, but we’ll see what I can toss together.
One week into my tenure as a happy Droid user, I have some insight into what an Android user must toss on his or her unit. This is a running list, of course, but solid enough for a post. Post and a pic…
I’ll keep it simple at this point. Top five apps I have encountered, as far as usefulness and coolness are concerned.
1) Advanced Task Killer. No questions asked…get this app first and foremost. The battery life on these suckers is awful at best. Multitasking is great, but murder on batteries. Nuke your background crap, and nuke it often.
Nuke it from orbit, if in orbit.
2) Google Sky Map. So awesome it hurts. Bonus: your non-Android-having buddies will bow to your phone’s awesomeness.
3) Google Translate. Como se dice ‘awesome’ en Espanol? Un momento…Impresionante. Get this app, amigos.
4) Robo Defence. Awesome game; good graphics. Perfect for meetings; free version for those non-committal types.
5) Google Goggles. Take pictures of junk, see search results. This is another deal-breaker when it comes to the new tech that you can pull out on these phones. Maybe I’ll post a few result sets of this guy in action…sort of like looking into the future with this guy.
As the forewarning stated, this is far from a static list…merely a snapshot of the stuff I am currently digging with a spoon. I’ll try to keep some updates on the site, when my knowledge and tastes mature.
FWIW, get one of these bad boys. You will most surely not regret it in the least. To the max.