One week into my tenure as a happy Droid user, I have some insight into what an Android user must toss on his or her unit. This is a running list, of course, but solid enough for a post. Post and a pic…
I’ll keep it simple at this point. Top five apps I have encountered, as far as usefulness and coolness are concerned.
1) Advanced Task Killer. No questions asked…get this app first and foremost. The battery life on these suckers is awful at best. Multitasking is great, but murder on batteries. Nuke your background crap, and nuke it often.
Nuke it from orbit, if in orbit.
2) Google Sky Map. So awesome it hurts. Bonus: your non-Android-having buddies will bow to your phone’s awesomeness.
3) Google Translate. Como se dice ‘awesome’ en Espanol? Un momento…Impresionante. Get this app, amigos.
4) Robo Defence. Awesome game; good graphics. Perfect for meetings; free version for those non-committal types.
5) Google Goggles. Take pictures of junk, see search results. This is another deal-breaker when it comes to the new tech that you can pull out on these phones. Maybe I’ll post a few result sets of this guy in action…sort of like looking into the future with this guy.
As the forewarning stated, this is far from a static list…merely a snapshot of the stuff I am currently digging with a spoon. I’ll try to keep some updates on the site, when my knowledge and tastes mature.
FWIW, get one of these bad boys. You will most surely not regret it in the least. To the max.
Kate and I went to Billngs last weekend to grab the wedding dress. The Olive Garden was, in fact, breath-taking…after we were able to eat. As it happened, my sister, cousin Keri, Katie, and I attempted to drink all of the beers in Billings. As it also turns out, Billings has a large population. Billings also has a lot of beer to quench that collective thirst. For the loss.
Anyhow, early-ish-ish in the night…we found out about these three elegant gentlemen:
Uncle Jeff’s favourite urinals in the world. Mine too, now. We Swansons have great taste.
With my wedding day quickly approaching, so are my days of coming up with anniversary gifts…like it or not. While other days are more self-explanatory, (Valentine’s Day flowers, St. Patrick’s Day Guinness Stout, et. al.) I am at a loss when it comes to the whole anniversary thing. I’m fairly certain that wood, coal, paper, and whatever else is mandated by wive’s tale is not going to cut it in the ol’ Swantron household…what am I to do?
Got it…watches. It works both ways! Check out this bad-boy…